a prayer, in Jesus' name

February 26, 2012



when i forget You are holy, that Jesus the Holy One died, remind me
when i forget Jesus’ blood alone can make me clean, remind me
when i forget Jesus was broken for me, a sinner, remind me
when i believe i know what it means to suffer, humble me
when i live as though the cross i bear is outside Your understanding, humble me
when i give and complain as though i invented surrender, humble me 
forgive me, for the ways i act like Peter and forsake you in my day
forgive me, for the ways i act like Judas and trade you for riches
forgive me, for the ways i act like Pilate and wash my hands of You
forgive me, for the ways i act like Herod and make a mockery of Jesus
forgive me, for the ways i act like the High Priest and reject You
forgive me, for the ways i act outside Your will, as if believing I own my life 
thank you for Your work that cleanses me
thank you for Your work that humbles me
thank you for Your work that restores relationship
thank you for Your work that grants mercy
thank you for Your work that frees me
thank you for Your work that brings new life

John 15:13 - ‘greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends’

Post a Comment

off with your sandals. Design by Berenica Designs.