surrender to Love

December 31, 2009

don't forget to listen to the song! (click on the title.)
----------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 61
"...bring good news to the poor... bind up the brokenhearted... proclaim liberty to the captives, the opening of the prison to those who are bound... to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor... to comfort all who mourn... to grant those who mourn [a beautiful headdress instead of ashes], the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit.
Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor, they shall rejoice in their lot... they shall have everlasting joy."

IT IS FOR FREEDOM THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SET FREE.
----------------------------------------------------------

john 20:31 "these things are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"

"i came that they may have life, and have it to the full!"

we live. we're good at breathing. we like to talk. we reserve the right to ignore. we laugh and we cry. we dive in if we want to, and avoid when we don't. we give, but often take more. we think we've got this 'living' thing down.

we start new. we pull our socks up. we make goals, and try once again.

the beautiful thing about my God is the unprecedented grace that's been handed out and given freely for 2000 years. really the truth about the gift of grace is that you just accept it. it cost a lot, yes, the cost was steep and its been taken care of, and now its on you to accept it. as you probably know, that's harder than it sounds. we can't believe that God arranged for such a sweet gift of redemption.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength -- who has hardened himself against him, and succeeded?..." Job 9:4

the reason why i like this song is really that it's like God saying to me, "I already have this figured out. You're not going to find better. You won't get everything figured out to the point where you won't need my grace. Let me protect you and lead you. I've equipped you and I won't let you fall!"

1 Kings 18: 21-22 "How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him..."

This is not about the shame game. We fall, we fail, we learn, and we grow. God through Jesus is about redemption, and thanks to His goodness, and the freedom we receive in His love and perfect gift of Jesus, we live the classic Cinderella story.

"You are a God ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and did not forsake them" Nehemiah 9:17b

His whispers knock us off our feet and remind us that we are held by the hands that formed the world.

I pray for peace, joy, strength, blessing and reliance on a very big God in the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------

by your side - tenth avenue north

why are you striving these days?
why are you trying to earn grace?
why are you crying?
let me lift up your face
just don't turn away

why are you looking for love?
why are you still searching
as if I'm not enough
to where will you go, child?
tell me, where will you run?
to where will you run?

I'll be by your side
wherever you call
in the dead of night
whenever you fall
please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

look at these hands and my side
they swallowed the grave on that night
when i drank the world's sin
so i could carry you in
and give you life
I want to give you life

cause I, I love you
I want you to know
that I, I love you
I'll never let you go

1 comment

off with your sandals. Design by Berenica Designs.